Trainee financial services Tax Analyst, with a particular focus dealing with international tax regulations on Automatic Exchange of information (AEOI) regime and Customer Tax operations (FATCA, Common Reporting Standard, Mandatory disclosure regime, withholding taxes).
Your main responsibilities are to review and analysis of legislation, official guidance, reporting schema guidance, understanding XML and xsd files for the different automatic exchange of information regime (FATCA, Common Reporting Standard, Mandatory Disclosure Regime) but also be involved in the client projects with the team based in the UK with respect to yearly AEOI tax reporting across the globe, withholding tax reclaims, deliver on-call advisory support.
. You will have contact with and build relationships with clients based in the world’s major financial centres, especially London. This is a mix of client-facing role and back-office role.
You will be part of a high-performing international team and will have the opportunity to build a solid professional career in a large and growing area of business.
Your client responsibilities
- Researching the information in websites of Tax Authorities
- Translation of guidance into English
- Review and analysis of legislation, official guidance, reporting schema guidance, understanding XML and xsd files for the different automatic exchange of information regime (FATCA, Common Reporting Standard, Mandatory Disclosure Regime)
- Update of our internal working documents (data template guides, traceability matrix)
- AEOI XML schemas configuration (configuring the schema rules into the tool using the regex rules)
- Tax technical Trackers maintenance
- Other ad hoc tasks
- Validate client data, working closely with team members based in the UK
- Analyse double tax treaty but also transactions, including acquisitions, sales and flows of income to determine the appropriate tax treatment
- Analyse entities status, to determine the appropriate AEOI tax treatment and AEOI reporting obligation
- Manipulate data in spreadsheets to generate XML for the client
- Deliver high quality product, within the stipulated time.
- Multi-task on various projects within the tax segment and be trained on additional areas of specialism.
- Take ownership of and responsibility for own work in terms of timeliness and quality
- Comply with EY compliance procedures and all EY policies on client data and confidentiality
Technical skills requirements
We are looking for the candidates with the following: (Qualifications)
- Practical experience of using and designing spreadsheets, and using them to manipulate data
- Graduate/postgraduate in a finance, numerical or statistical background
- Tax/Finance/accounting qualification desirable but not required
- No previous experience of working in tax required (fresh graduates can apply).
You will need to:
- Possess a high degree of analytical capabilities.
- Possess good communication skills and excellent written English
- Demonstrate excellent working knowledge of spreadsheets and data manipulation
- Have a thorough and logical approach to work
- Be interested in technology and how technology can be used to automate or scale complex tasks
- Show a willingness to learn a complex and challenging set of new skills
- Take pride in your work and in delivering the highest quality outputs
- Display an entrepreneurial spirit, to take an opportunity in a fast-growing area of our business
- Be a team-player
- Tax technical background
- Attention to details, diligence
- Quick learning, ability to work with complex and new legislation and apply critical thinking on the schema rules (to check if they are in line with tax technical requirements)
- Ability to work on different workstreams simultaneously and monitor the progress
- Project management skills
- Fluency in Different languages are appreciated, as we deal with different countries across the globe (apart from English and Spanish) such like Portuguese, French, German, Mandarin etc).
EY provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. All qualified candidates will be considered in the process. Better Working World.