Tax Services Senior - Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory Services (TARAS)
Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying at the forefront is all about identifying and adapting to change. As a Tax Senior, you’ll see this firsthand by being immersed in the evolving tax environment through preparing and auditing income tax provisions, assisting with income tax filings, consulting on planning opportunities, and coaching and developing staff on your engagement teams.
You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend your time supporting client engagements by reviewing staff work product, coordinating with clients and internal team members, managing deadlines, and tracking engagement economics. You’ll also be tasked with identifying and resolving tax technical issues, as well as sharing insights that will improve our processes and overall efficiency. In this role, you can expect to be prioritizing and handling a wide range of constantly evolving responsibilities.
- Develop brief understanding of day-to-day activities and transactions related to tax and tax accounting matters and make sure they are properly addressed.
- Global direct tax compliance – Assist in preparation of income tax returns and workpapers for foreign jurisdictional income taxes with internal teams or with EY country teams.
- Income Tax Provision – Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision for US GAAP purposes. Work with EY country teams for sign-off and delivery to client.
- Statutory Tax Provision – Manage and assist in preparation of annual statutory tax provision as per local GAAP with EY country teams. Assist in data compilation and workpaper preparation, where needed.
- Forecasting – Prepare, review, and manage cash taxes forecast by jurisdictions and report to client monthly or quarterly basis. Consult with EY country teams, where necessary.
- Tax Payments – Prepare and review estimated and extension tax payments and manage tax payment process. Work with EY country team, where necessary.
- Tax account reconciliation – Prepare and review balance sheet tax account reconciliation, collect supporting documents and work with clients on reconciling items.
- Other Tax functions – Prepare and review journal entry package, return to provision entries, etc., and submit them for client’s approval.
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing our clients with domestic federal tax advice and guidance tailored to their unique needs
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Supervising high-performing teams and sharing your experience and knowledge of leading-practices
- Building relationships at all levels both internally and externally, promoting a culture of collaboration
- Preparing practical recommendations to some of our clients’ most complex tax issues
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a graduate degree in Tax or Law and approximately three years of related work experience.
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax and a broad understanding of US income taxation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and data mining tools
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple projects, and the confidence to engage and integrate directly into our clients’ teams
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have practical experience with income tax, and the confidence to handle multiple projects simultaneously, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- A collaborative culture, and the opportunity to work with some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the industry
- Significant opportunities to build a diverse portfolio of contacts by directly engaging our clients
- A culture that encourages colleagues to develop new skills and progress within the business
- The freedom and flexibility to drive your career to meet your own personal and professional goals
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. All qualified candidates will be considered in the process. Better Working World.